Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Route 66

Today we are taking a road trip alonge route 66 with a card and evelope to match!  You can even see the hole to hang the calendar on the envelope, but this adds to the grunge of the set.

My friend gave me some old calendars and I cut them up into envelopes.  My favorite elvelope was the route 66 one.  My sister asked if I was going to send it to her but I LOVE this envelope.  So, I sent her a picture of it!

Using the colors of the envelope the card was made to match.  All was well until it got to the color of the car.  I thought gold or tan but it just did not look right.  So, metallic grey was the color to go with.  The card background was made with distress stains.  The road trip was stamped and embossed with black powder.



Sometimes it is difficult to make a more masculine card but I just love how this set turned out!  Have fun travels in your day!

Route 66 is linked to:
Simon Says
613 Avenue Create
Take It Make It Challenge:March
Word Art Wednesday

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jerrie! it is so nice to see you at my blog : ) thank you for always leaving such sweet comments. I am loving this duo! what a brilliant idea to use a calendar like this and you matched the colors and theme beautifully!! Well done : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out too Jerrie, beautiful vintage project, thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vibe--congrats on the SSS spotlight (I'd covet that envelope, too)!

    ReplyDelete