Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hugs and Kisses and Butterfly Wishes

DCWV paper.http://dcwvinc.blogspot.com/2015/01/1st-stack-holic-challege-for-2015.html

I had purchased two paper pads at Joanne's just before Christmas. This is my NBUS. Then I heard about DCWV's website. Since it was the end of December, I only caught a few of their projects. Let me tell you, I loved everyone of them. DCWV has a monthly sketch challenge for scrapbook pages and cards. I looked at the sketch for January and thought...I do not know about this sketch.
Then I scrolled down and saw the cards made with the sketch and decided to play along. Since I had just bought the paper, that is what I will use. The Mariposa stack has beautiful paper and the sketch had my favorite...lots of layering!! Shopping Our Stash challengehttp://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com/2014/12/sos-182-thrice-as-nice.html
is to use three patterned papers. There are a total of five patterned papers.
Since the paper is so gorgeous, I let it talk for itself. House of Cards http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.com/inspired me to use glitter. I cut around the wings of the butterfly after covering it with glass glitter. It looks like it is in flight. I thought Hugs and Kisses was the perfect stamp for this beautiful card!!

http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/01/happy-new-year-2015-nbus-challenge-3.html




12 comments:

  1. How very pretty, love the collage look to this, very clever! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok.... Dangit! How am I supposed to compete against that?!? I think this is one of your best works yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely going on my Pinterest board and you can send me that for my Valentine!!

      Delete
    2. I think I use half of a stack pf the Mariposa to make it!! I like buying stacks because all the paper is color coordinated. I have a lot of paper that I match up but prefer the stacks.

      Delete
  3. Great card Jerrie, love the mix of pattern papers. The bling on the butterfly makes it pop. Thanks for joining us over at House of Cards. Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. More beautiful paper that I have myself, Jerrie, so I love the inspiration. It's more layers than I use myself, but I do love it when other card artists can get it to work for them like you do! (When I do it, it looks like the dog's dinner!) Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is so pretty, Jerrie! I have this paper, too, and I love they way you've layered them together! That glittery butterfly is fabulous, too! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS and have a great week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, great color combo and the glittery butterfly is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! Donna DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jerrie
    Very pretty card. Thanks for joining in at House of Cards.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifully sparkly butterfly on a pretty card. Thank you for joining us at HOC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful papers, great layout and I love the fun sparkly butterfly! Great job and thank you for playing along with House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Jerri! I love the glitter butterfly! Thank you so much for joining us for the House of Cards challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete